Monday 8 January 2007

Post-New Year Polls

Well, let's get straight into it. The polls are looking terrific and people are saying very kind things about me:

“I like Rudd’s style and I agree with his opposition to the IR laws. I believe he will introduce social equality and I agree with his stance on Iraq. He will put balance back in the system in light of the IR laws, Iraq, ‘non-core’ promises and social disintegration.”

“Hopefully Rudd can get us out of the mess in Iraq and hopefully he can bring a bit of morality back into Australian politics as there has been a moral decline. The Government has impinged on Australians human rights and I don’t like the way they have treated the Muslim community.”

“Howard has been there for a while and Rudd will bring a new perspective to the job.”

“I think Howard is a dishonest person, as well as being unfair towards workers. Basically, the rich are getting richer — he’s only increasing the gap between the haves and have-nots.”

“I think Rudd is young, energetic, measured, talented and doesn’t shoot his mouth off without thinking first.”

“Rudd will bring a change and something new.”

“He is down to earth and appears to know what he is talking about.”

“He is more of a people’s person with values and appears to be honest in what he says.”


And that's the crux of it - people are recognising me for what I hope I come across as - a straight shooter, someone who will bring a measured, dignified approach to leadership and be inclusive when it comes to policy.

Now for the hard part - convincing enough of the voters in enough of the marginals they will have a better future with a Rudd-led Labor government.

No comments: